Microcenter - Laptop Left with Repair Department for THIRTEEN DAYS - NO DIAGNOSIS & LOOKS AWFUL!

I dropped my laptop off at the Sharonville Ohio location on 7/9 to be repaired.The hinge was cracked and I wanted it repaired before it became worse.

Nobody was able to give me an estimate when I dropped it off but told me a technician would contact me by the 14th. On the 14th, I heard from my technician, which was the ONLY time I ever heard from him. He was getting my approval to take apart the laptop and said he needed to contact Samsung to figure out what part needed to be replaced and would get back to me with 1-2 days. By 7/20, I finally went into the store to see an update on the situation.

My technician left NO notes on my computer. They promised I would get a call with an update the next day. When I hadn't heard from anybody by 4pm, I called the service department, spoke with a rude man who had absolutely no patience with my situation and said my technician was gone FOR THE WEEK and I was assigned a new one. All the communication had to be forwarded from the old one to the new one and they didn't know when they'd find out exactly what needed to be replaced STILL!!!

Finally spoke with the GM who was very helpful and said they'd put back together the laptop and issue me my refund since I never received a diagnosis. Picked up the laptop today and it looks TERRIBLE!!! The bezel is half on the laptop; it won't even stay on. They didn't even try to adhere it to the screen and the hinge isn't even put together all the way!

Only half the hinge was put back on (the bezel was perfectly fine when it was dropped off and the hinge was cracked in the back but it was fully intact and functional!

I would advise anyone and everyone to NEVER EVER use Micro Center Repair Service!

Have been a loyal customer to microcenter in the past, purchasing nearly all the electronics in my house at this store INCLUDING THIS LAPTOP and this leaves a terrible taste in my mouth to even buy products their again.If you want your laptop gone for almost 2 weeks and given back to you looking awful, this is the place for you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 23, 2014 #844616 Hilliard, Ohio

Hi alunsforcincinnati,
I apologize for the frustrating experience you had with the service department. I am happy to help. If you could email me your repair order details to custrel@microcenter.com and a copy of this review, we could look into what happened here and how we can resolve. I hope to hear from you soon.
Customer Relations
Micro Center custrel@microcenter.com

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Microcenter. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Microcenter.
Filing a new complaint about