Microcenter - Laptop Left with Repair Department for THIRTEEN DAYS - NO DIAGNOSIS & LOOKS AWFUL!
I dropped my laptop off at the Sharonville Ohio location on 7/9 to be repaired.The hinge was cracked and I wanted it repaired before it became worse.
Nobody was able to give me an estimate when I dropped it off but told me a technician would contact me by the 14th. On the 14th, I heard from my technician, which was the ONLY time I ever heard from him. He was getting my approval to take apart the laptop and said he needed to contact Samsung to figure out what part needed to be replaced and would get back to me with 1-2 days. By 7/20, I finally went into the store to see an update on the situation.
My technician left NO notes on my computer. They promised I would get a call with an update the next day. When I hadn't heard from anybody by 4pm, I called the service department, spoke with a rude man who had absolutely no patience with my situation and said my technician was gone FOR THE WEEK and I was assigned a new one. All the communication had to be forwarded from the old one to the new one and they didn't know when they'd find out exactly what needed to be replaced STILL!!!
Finally spoke with the GM who was very helpful and said they'd put back together the laptop and issue me my refund since I never received a diagnosis. Picked up the laptop today and it looks TERRIBLE!!! The bezel is half on the laptop; it won't even stay on. They didn't even try to adhere it to the screen and the hinge isn't even put together all the way!
Only half the hinge was put back on (the bezel was perfectly fine when it was dropped off and the hinge was cracked in the back but it was fully intact and functional!
I would advise anyone and everyone to NEVER EVER use Micro Center Repair Service!
Have been a loyal customer to microcenter in the past, purchasing nearly all the electronics in my house at this store INCLUDING THIS LAPTOP and this leaves a terrible taste in my mouth to even buy products their again.If you want your laptop gone for almost 2 weeks and given back to you looking awful, this is the place for you.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Ultrabook Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "This is the quality of the salad that they gave through the drive thru at the Wendys in Sharonville Ohio on Reading Road. I would like to see their employees..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."