Microcenter - Laptop Left with Repair Department for THIRTEEN DAYS - NO DIAGNOSIS & LOOKS AWFUL!
I dropped my laptop off at the Sharonville Ohio location on 7/9 to be repaired.The hinge was cracked and I wanted it repaired before it became worse.
Nobody was able to give me an estimate when I dropped it off but told me a technician would contact me by the 14th. On the 14th, I heard from my technician, which was the ONLY time I ever heard from him. He was getting my approval to take apart the laptop and said he needed to contact Samsung to figure out what part needed to be replaced and would get back to me with 1-2 days. By 7/20, I finally went into the store to see an update on the situation.
My technician left NO notes on my computer. They promised I would get a call with an update the next day. When I hadn't heard from anybody by 4pm, I called the service department, spoke with a rude man who had absolutely no patience with my situation and said my technician was gone FOR THE WEEK and I was assigned a new one. All the communication had to be forwarded from the old one to the new one and they didn't know when they'd find out exactly what needed to be replaced STILL!!!
Finally spoke with the GM who was very helpful and said they'd put back together the laptop and issue me my refund since I never received a diagnosis. Picked up the laptop today and it looks TERRIBLE!!! The bezel is half on the laptop; it won't even stay on. They didn't even try to adhere it to the screen and the hinge isn't even put together all the way!
Only half the hinge was put back on (the bezel was perfectly fine when it was dropped off and the hinge was cracked in the back but it was fully intact and functional!
I would advise anyone and everyone to NEVER EVER use Micro Center Repair Service!
Have been a loyal customer to microcenter in the past, purchasing nearly all the electronics in my house at this store INCLUDING THIS LAPTOP and this leaves a terrible taste in my mouth to even buy products their again.If you want your laptop gone for almost 2 weeks and given back to you looking awful, this is the place for you.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Ultrabook Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Matt Gulla was on Ted's team for 90 days, then got his very own department (Customer Advocacy). With a resume like this he was clearly the one for the job......"
- "I had placed an (dell laptop) order 103-1253225-4398657 on Amazon on 1st of october costed me around 62250 INR ($948) and its been 23 days, I have not received my product..."
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "This is the quality of the salad that they gave through the drive thru at the Wendys in Sharonville Ohio on Reading Road. I would like to see their employees..."